Welcome to Yokum’s Vacationland!
The only lodging located right in the heart of Seneca Rocks, West Virginia, Yokum’s Vacationland has a wide array of accommodations: from tent camping to kitchenettes to fully equipped log cabins with hot tubs. There is an onsite restaurant, general store and riverside parking with hookups for campers and motor homes.
Within easy driving distance are many other attractions including Spruce Knob (the highest point in West Virginia), Seneca Caverns, Smoke Hole Caverns, West Virginia State Parks at Canaan Valley and Blackwater Falls, Monongahela National Forest hiking trails with scenic overlooks, along with seasonal festivals and events celebrating the history and culture of the area.
**Winter Rates (January 8 – March 31) – Take $10 off per night on motel rooms and $20 off per night on cabins**
7th Night Free Promo! Valid on all units and camping. No blackout dates.
History of Yokum’s
Shirley Yokum, the owner of Yokum’s Vacationland, was born Shirley Bland in 1920. Her parents owned and ran the original Bland’s Store (now Yokum’s General Store), which was first established in 1924 (pictured left). In 1935, her sweetheart Carl Yokum built Yokum’s first log cabin, which was located in what is now the Lower Campground. The cabin cost $1 per night to rent, or $5 per week. The couple had spent their last bit of money building the cabin and in a weird twist of fate their very first guest rented the cabin for a week, and his check actually bounced. But this did not deter them. In 1938 Carl and Shirley were married and continued to build and expand Yokum’s Vacationland over the next 70 years. The property sits on a 1000 acre plot of land right in the heart of Seneca Rocks and includes a cattle farm in addition to the resort.
Shirley continued to run the business after Carl passed away in 2008, until just a couple years ago, and still today continues to put her two cents in when it comes to running Yokum’s Vacationland.
Yokum’s has gone through many changes over the years. Unfortunately, all of the original log cabins were destroyed in the 1985 flood. In 1992 the general store was remodeled, and the motel rooms with kitchenettes were added to the upper level.